Today i realized, I’m unsure what to do. Do I take the chance of being buried next? Or rather do I try to help others in that position?
The simple answer would probably be to help others and not be selfish. But eating disorders get the best of so many people. You believe you can do both, then wind up dead. That’s the harsh reality of it, sorry.
My ED is such a selfish bastard. “Oh, your mom made you a nice dinner? Wrap it up and throw it away.” If you find someone hiding their food, seek help.
Sometimes mindful eating can be helpful when trying to enjoy a meal with family. Focus on every sense:
This was a coping method i learned in a hospital that helps to ground yourself. If you try it, let me know if it works for you! If not, what’s your favorite coping skill?
- Sight – What shape is it?
- Smell – Does it smell good?
- Touch – Does it have a texture?
- Taste – Is it sweet?
- Sound – Is it crunchy?
Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder characterized by weight loss, or difficulties keeping a healthy weight. Many people with anorexia have a distorted body image, and usually restrict the number of calories they take in, along with having certain foods they refuse to eat. Some people with the disorder also compulsively exercise or purge. Anorexia can affect all different kinds of people. The disorder usually begins during adolescence.
To be diagnosed with anorexia the following criteria must be met:
1. Restriction of energy intake relative to requirements leading to a significantly low body weight in the context of age, sex, developmental trajectory, and physical health.
2. Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, even though underweight.
3. Disturbance in the way in which one’s body weight or shape is experienced, undue influence of body weight or shape on self-evaluation, or denial of the seriousness of the current low body weight.
Even if all these criteria are not met, an eating disorder may still be present.