It’s that time of year again- SUMMER! Time to vacay and go on trips! There’s always a few specific things that I NEVER let myself forget when traveling, they’re must-haves when on vacation. Some may seem obvious, but trust me, I’ve left without them before and it’s not fun… So here are 10 things I always pack:
- ID – The worst thing that could possibly happen, is you get to your destination and you’re going out, but you forgot your ID!
- Headphones – If you’re traveling by plane, bring headphones or earbuds! Unless for some reason you like to hear everybody talking?
- Portable Charger – It really sucks when you’re in the middle of navigating and you’re phone dies. ALWAYS keep a fully charged portable charger with you!
- Camera – You absolutely have to take lots of pictures! Show everyone how awesome your vacation is! Then, when you get home you can print the pictures off and have the memories forever.
- Tylenol – It’s never fun having a horrible hangover when on vacation…
- Hand Sanitizer – Sometimes, public bathrooms are either gross to wash your hands in, or they don’t always have soap. Keep clean unless you want nasty bacteria all over your hands!
- Gum – Always keep some gum on you in case you see someone cute and don’t want them thinking you have bad breath, that’s always a turn off.
- Water Bottle – STAY HYDRATED!!! I cannot stress this enough! Drink lots of water so you don’t get headaches or pass out. Plus, water is good for you!
- Sunglasses – If you’re at the beach sunglasses are always expensive to buy. And you don’t want the sun in your eyes, that’s just plain annoying. So do yourself a favor and don’t forget your sunglasses!
- Pillow – Whether you’re camping or at a hotel, bring your own pillow from home. Sometimes hotel pillows can be really uncomfortable, especially if you’re picky when it comes to pillows.
I hope you guys enjoy your vacays!! Comment what your traveling essentials are!
Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder characterized by weight loss, or difficulties keeping a healthy weight. Many people with anorexia have a distorted body image, and usually restrict the number of calories they take in, along with having certain foods they refuse to eat. Some people with the disorder also compulsively exercise or purge. Anorexia can affect all different kinds of people. The disorder usually begins during adolescence.
To be diagnosed with anorexia the following criteria must be met:
1. Restriction of energy intake relative to requirements leading to a significantly low body weight in the context of age, sex, developmental trajectory, and physical health.
2. Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, even though underweight.
3. Disturbance in the way in which one’s body weight or shape is experienced, undue influence of body weight or shape on self-evaluation, or denial of the seriousness of the current low body weight.
Even if all these criteria are not met, an eating disorder may still be present.
Since it’s obviously fall, I thought I’d make another fall related post. Today, I’ll give you 10 fall essentials every girl, or guy, should have!
- Scarves – You can make a scarf go with literally almost any outfit! It makes it super cute and adds warmth.
- Mud Boots – These keep your feet nice and dry when the ground is wet, and they can also put an outfit together!
- Uggs – Who doesn’t love Uggs? They’re so fuzzy and warm so your feet stay cozy all day! Plus, they can go with basically any outfit.
- Tea – Tea is such a warming drink, it’s especially nice to sip on while you’re standing outside.
- Lotion – It’s always nice to soften up your skin, am I right?
- Candles – Make your house or room smell like whatever you want it to! Whether it be pumpkin spice or vanilla, the scent options are limitless!
- Travel Mugs – Perfect to keep your hands warm as the weather starts to get cooler and you’re standing outside, just put in coffee, tea, or another hot drink and sip away!
- Fuzzy Socks – Obviously a must-have to keep those toes warm and cozy at home.
- Touch-Screen Gloves – Again, you’re outside and it’s cold, why would you want your fingers to freeze when you’re on your phone?
- Boot Socks – Keeps your feet extra warm and adds to your outfit!
Now that it’s fall, the best thing to have is a Pumpkin Spice Latte. PSL’s can cost so much money though, especially the real ones at Starbucks! To solve this problem, I found a recipe online you can use to make this autumn essential all by yourself right in the coziness of your very own home!
Things You’ll Need:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix together 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water into the saucepan
- Bring the sugar water to a low boil and reduce heat
- Add 2 tbsp of pumpkin puree and 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- Keep mixture as a syrup and stir occasionally
- Take the pan off the stove and let cool for 15 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup of coffee and 2 cups of milk to the syrup and mix it together
Done! Enjoy your homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Beautiful Chaos- Robert M. Drake
She had a little rebel in her. A little chaos and a little gentleness..
The most beautiful things begin in chaos..
Be you. Be original. Be all the things they say you cannot be. rebellion is the key. Break the rules, and you will find something they have never seen before..
Live in the moment. All else means nothing..
Rehoboth Beach was a fun trip with my mom and sister. Unfortunately for my mom, only our first full day there we were swimming and she got a huge ocean fishing hook caught in her toe! To make it worse, the hook had a barb on it so we couldn’t just pull it out right then and there…
We ended up going to the emergency room all dressed up in our bathing suits, and boy let me tell you, it was freezing. The doctor ended up pushing the hook all the way through her toe by cutting the skin on the other side, snipping the barb off (which flew into my face), and pulling it out. Luckily my mom didn’t end up needing stitches, but it bled a lot. The only part that hurt her she said was the numbing shots and the tetanus shot they gave her. As you probably guessed they put her on an antibiotic to keep the wound from getting an infection.
We went to the outlets shopping almost everyday, and walked around the cute little shops in town and on the boardwalk a couple of times. Most of the stores on the boardwalk have basically the same stuff, but it was still fun to walk around and look through them! I ended up blowing a lot of money on new school clothes, which I might end up showing you guys in a YouTube video. Most of the outlets had some really good deals which is great.
We woke up really early in the morning on our third day to watch the sunrise, which was absolutely beautiful. I got some great pictures, one of which is the photo for this post! I’ll post a few of the others on the other social media I have under Day As Casey! Later that day, the dolphins came out. There were so many of them it had to have been multiple pods coming together but I don’t know my dolphinology too well so maybe not haha. They got really close to shore at one point at they were there for a long time. To make the sight even better, a couple of them put on a show for us and started jumping out of the water!
On our last full day it was rainy so we hit the outlets again and went to play mini golf. I thought I was going to be so bad at it but I ended up kicking butt and winning! I even ended up getting a hole-in-one and may or may not have let out a little scream of excitement, making some strangers jump… The course was super cute, too. It was set up as a rainforest or jungle type theme with water and mist machines and everything. The way it was set up though, I tripped and fell about five times into the bushes trying to retrieve my ball from hitting it in the wrong place. Despite looking like I was drunk tripping all over the place and screaming, I had a great time.
The trip overall was fun and relaxing for all of us, even my mom. We went to Rehoboth last year, and I hope to go again next year!
Unfortunately, it’s getting to the time in summer where we have to start thinking about what we need for school. It totally sucks, I know, but sadly it’s inevitable… Today I decided I’d go over some essentials that I just need in my bag at all times in order to survive the school-day.
Obviously you need like a bag and pencils and stuff, but with all the nasty people taking up a majority of the population in my school, mini hand sanitizers are my number one priority when it comes to what I need in my bag. You can get cute little holders for them and so many different scents at Bath & Body Works, some are even sparkly!
Instead of getting just regular ballpoint pens, I’m a huge sucker for those black gel pens they have… They write super smoothly and dry so fast which is great. They’re a little expensive, but in my opinion it’s definitely worth it!
Due to the fact that I can end up getting pretty emotional, there’s a chance of me breaking out in tears in the bathroom and ruining my makeup. Of course I have to fix it before people see, so I always have a spare makeup bag on me. I usually just put mini cosmetics in it so it doesn’t take up too much room in my bag, but as long as I have what I need like eyeliner and mascara, I’m all good to go. I also keep chapstick in this bag in case I need it, blotting wipes, hair ties/bobby pins, a miniature mirror, and perfume because gym happens dude and I don’t wanna smell like a gorilla.
Keeping a lanyard in your bag is also a good idea so you can have easy access to your keys, student ID, wallet, or whatever you put on it. I keep mine in the pouch where I keep my “emergency” products, such as Tylenol, tampons, band-aids, etc. In another small pocket I keep gum, mints, and my earbuds to drown out all the annoying people.
Now for the things needed to survive the day without committing a murder or falling asleep. Number one on this list is your phone, bring your regular charger and also a portable charger so you can charge it in your bag without leaving your phone on the ground near a wall where anyone can take it or snoop. Next, your laptop and a flash drive to keep track of your work and so you always have it with you incase you need it.
Keep a planner in your bag at all times, and don’t forget to write stuff down! This will definitely help you become more organized, be on time, and get more things done! Also, bring a water bottle. You don’t have to put water in it, you can make coffee or tea or whatever, but anything is better than using the school’s parasitic water fountains…
Hopefully this helped some of you if you were stumped on things you might need besides just paper and folders!